The Identity Theft Protection Association, Inc. (ITPA) is the leading independent resource for consumers and businesses; and a valuable industry resource and clearinghouse for companies, risk management professionals, law enforcement, legislators, and others who are dedicated to the protection of consumers and businesses from the associated risks of identity theft and identity fraud.
The Identity Theft Protection Association's mission is to:
- Increase public awareness of identity theft, identity fraud, privacy, information security, and related issues
- Promote and support sound identity theft protection policies, procedures, industry standards, and legislation
- Provide expert guidance, resources, training and certifications, and general education that advances the professional knowledge, skills, and experience of those dedicated to or responsible for identity protection
- Facilitate the exchange of information, ideas, and identity theft protection and information security best practices amongst industry professionals by providing professional networking tools and resources
- Provide effective vendor-neutral resources for connecting consumers, businesses, and organizations that require and utilize identity theft protection products and services with those who provide them
- Provide resources and assistance to business and organizations that seek to identify trained, qualified risk management professionals who specialize in identity theft protection, privacy and information security policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance